A huge range of entertainers, musicians, and mixed media artists utilize the tool called Ableton Live for facilitating the professional sounding presentations, either for the public occasion or fro studio recordings. This multi-feature DAW (digital audio workstation) can assist you in making the types of audio tracks that you desire for almost any purpose or genre. If you’re a sound artist wishing to gain from the complex features that the sound tool offers, here’re a few of the most basic steps to assist you in utilizing Ableton Live effectively.
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8 or 10 (x64)
- Four GB RAM (eight GB or more suggested)
- x64 Intel Core or AMD multi-core processor for computer
- ASIO compatible audio hardware for the Link support (also suggested for the optimal audio performance) for computer
- 1366×768 minimum display resolution for computer
- Minimum of three GB hard disk space (eight GB recommended).
- Internet access for authorizing Ableton Live and download the added content.
- Seventy-six GB disk space for the additional sound content.
- A Best Laptop For Ableton.It is really helpful if you get a dedicated laptop which has some good specs.
Installing Ableton Live On The PC
- Navigate to the official app site > click Download > open the downloaded zip file.
- Double-click on the Setup.msi file > click Next.
- Tick the I accept the terms in the license agreement option > click Next.
- Click Change for choosing the installation location > click Ok.
- Click Next > Install > Yes > Finish.
Open Ableton Live :
It’s a grey icon that states Live. Click on that icon on your Win Start menu for opening the Ableton Live app.
Start A New Project :
For starting a new project, simply click on File > New Live Set.
Set Up The Audio Interface :
The audio interface is a device the users utilized for plugging the mic or instrument into the PC. Utilize the following steps for setting up the audio interface.
- Plug the audio interface into the electrical outlet (if that has to be plugged in).
- Connect the audio interface to the PC utilizing the USB cable.
- Click Options from the windows menu bar.
- Click Preferences > click on Audio.
- Choose ASIO” on Windows, next to the Driver Type option.
- Choose the audio interface next to the Audio Input Device option.
- Choose the audio interface next to the Audio Output device option.
Switch Between The Session Mode & The Arrangement Mode :
The arrangement mode shows every track in the vertical column. It shows which clip is actually playing on every track. The session mode shows the tracks horizontally with the timeline that goes from left to right. Click the icon with three horizontal lines from the upper corner for switching to the session mode. Click on the icon with three vertical lines from the top corner for switching to the arrangement mode.
Create The Track :
- Click on Create from the menu bar from the top.
- Click pm Insert Audio Track or Insert MIDI Track.
Save The Project :
- Click on File from the top in the menu bar.
- Click pm Save Live Set as.
- Type the name for your session next to the Filename.
- Click on Save.